Stop These Dream Killers Before They Stop You
Do you wonder why your dreams seem like a mirage? Check out these dream killers. Every man’s mountain is his Ignorance. If you are limited in your thought you’ll be limited in life. No one could excel above his thinking or thought level. Along with this lines, it’s not possible for anyone to kill your dream and success without your permission. Show me the person that says he can’t, and then I will show you the person who is defeated in his thought pattern.
If our creator can say nothing is impossible as long as we have focus and belief then it is possible. Jesus confirmed this in Matthew 19:26 and Mark 9:23. Close looks at the scripture quoted we can bring out one point which is “possibility”. This possibility is achievable with God. Also, the possibility can be a reality if a man can call into action the nature of God in him, “to him that believes nothing is impossible”. How then are you limited? Obviously, the failure and limitation are not from God. He ever remains potent. So, the only answer is man’s failure to harness the potential in him to bring about the possibility of his idea. It implies then that man’s permission of certain hindrance (s) must have been responsible for this failure.
Therefore, in this piece, I will x-ray some dream killers which are self-imposed lid placed by the man himself which happens to kill his dream. Understanding this fact will affect your approach to God, people, and your situation. I am sorry I will have to disappoint you if you believed so much in demonology. I know there are demons that can truncate great destiny but I don’t celebrate them and give them undue reference and place. So, your dream killers may not be demons after all
1. SIN: Though, in this new age of Christianity sin, is prominently absence in the rundown of things that devastate glorious destiny. But, a close look at the Bible from Genesis to Revelation no single factors that nailed and crushed God’s purpose for any person or nation like sin. Sin kills dreams more than anything does.
By the way, what is a sin? Sin is lawlessness or infringing upon God’s law.If we look at the life of Samson we will see the destructive impart of sin . As a Nazarene, he must not touch death things whether of animal or human-being, drink wine, and keep away from any other profane things.But the violation of all these were in succession, touching death lion and eating honey from it, sleeping with a harlot, marrying a stranger and so forth. Once Samson broke the Nazarene law sin is established. Then the correspondence penalty is set in motion.
Samson was captured and even died with these people he was meant to kill and destroyed rather delivering himself and his nation. He messed up, limited his assigned responsibility, and died untimely. Judas was meat to take the gospel to the world but the sin of greed destroyed him before time. Gehazi could have gotten twice the power of Elisha and four times the power of Elijah but covetousness stopped him. Demas lost his ministry since he couldn’t come to term with the sacrifice and demand of his calling. Beloved, sin sting, stink, and sinks
2. Our background: Another dream killer I know is dwelling on our background.I have read a lot about great achievers of this world and bible patriarch and matriarch, they all have one thing in common: poor background. I wouldn’t be correct to say our background has nothing to do with our future and I will not be right to say that our family, financial and academic background will always determine what the future holds for us.
Few examples of biblical figure that has nothing to be proud of their background includes Abraham who was a Syrian, Moses a murderer, Esther a slave, Gideon the last in the family from the least tribe, David a poor shepherd boy. Maybe you don’t know, our Savior Jesus Christ originated from a genealogy of people of flawed character The likes of Bathsheba the wife of Uriah, David the murderer, Ruth who was not even a Jew etc. If the prodigal son did not allow his failed dream of living large, past wasted life and opportunity deny his fresh start. Yours could not be an exception.
Your parental, academic or financial background should not put a seal on your future glory. “Remember ye, not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert”. Isaiah 43:18-19 KJV
You can’t win any race while you are looking in reverse.If you ever want to accomplish something worthwhile you should not let this dream killer called your background define you. You shouldn’t be a casualty of your experience yet live outside your parental experience. Jephthah, Jabez never permitted their experience to characterize their future. You can redefine your today and tomorrow irrespective of the family, financial, social and academic antecedent.
3. Fear: Whether the fear of failure, rejection, or death, fear kills both physically and spiritually According to Rodolfo Costa criticism is just someone else opinion, even people who are experts in their fields are sometimes wrong. It is up to you to choose whether to believe some of it, none of it or all of it. What you think is what counts. It is a great deceit to think today’s celebrities never failed before. Interestingly, you could not even tell you’ll fail if you have not made any attempt. The chances of failing are equal to the chances of winning.
The reason you fear failure is because the picture of success is smaller than the picture of failure in your mind. You fail to imagine how glorious it will be if you succeed by taking that step. Your only concern is the momentary ridicule you’ll suffer from men. Accomplishing your potential and dream takes faith. The story of the four lepers in 2 King 7:1-19 will teach you something about fear. They discarded their fear and plunged into the unknown and the result was astounding. Imagine what they and the nation of Israel would have lost if not for their bold step.
Among other dream killers is the fear of rejection. Failure is imminent if you always want to satisfy people around you by fixing yourself into their mold. However, nobody has ever satisfied people no matter how you aligned yourself to their design. David would have missed his place in destiny if he had allowed his brother shut him out of his vision. The size and experience of Goliath never deter him from pursuing his vision. Though, Saul, his army, and David were facing the same treat of Goliath. While the former was fearful David was “faith-full”.
Nobody accomplishes anything worthwhile listening to criticism. According to Elbert Hubert “to avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing”. Something I noticed about that statement is that whether you do something or not, say something or not people will still complain.
4. Wrong company: The Company you keep and the book you read are two major factors that will either mar or make your potential or dream. The latter reveals what you feed your mind with regularly. Since what you feed your mind with determines who you become. The former determines the driven force of your action and attitude in life.
Evil communication corrupts good manner. Absalom had a great destiny but keeping company with a bad friend ruined him. Every one of us is a product of influence, both physical and spiritual. “Become wise by walking with the wise; hang out with fools and watch your life fall to pieces”. Proverb 13:20 THE MESSAGE. Peer pressure will force you to be someone apart from who you were meant to be. Identify wrong company as one of the killers of destiny.According to Maria I. Melendez “if you are surrounded by five broke people then chances.are that you are the sixth one”. It implies that you are a by-product of your thought and the company you keep. How do you know that? She gave a proposal. Who are the top five people that you speak to the most? Your answer will uncover where your life and destiny is tilting to.
5. Blame-shifting: Perhaps one of the major dream killer apart from sin and fear is blame-shifting. Failure to acknowledge your fault is like hiding your health status from your doctor and that could kill your dream easily. Not owning up to your mistakes and failure is a mark of irresponsibility and unwillingness to both learn a new lesson and push ahead.This may be one your dream killers you need to stop now. When you fail to admit your failure one message you’re trying to pass across is that of a perfectionist. You’re saying you could not mess up at any time.
Do you wish to succeed in your endeavor? Then you must stop these dream killers before they stop you. The world is waiting for your manifestation. In any case, failure to deal with these dream killers will truncate that vision and keep you perpetually among people of your age.
How have you dealt with any or all of these destiny killers before? Any other ones you think I have missed? Please add them in the comment below. Also, don’t forget to share this with your friends on all your favorite social platforms.
Author: Joseph Akinrinola
Joseph Akinrinola is a Pastor, Sunday school management coach, author, blogger, and a motivational speaker.
Joseph created this blog to help young Christians establish their
feet in Christ, and to provide Biblical time-tested answers to life’s
questions about relationship, christian living and personal development.